Always remember- You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. Winnie the Pooh

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back.Charlie Brown

Casting Pearls: Got Questions? Ideas? Comments? Tales? Laments? Email Away!


Sometimes I lie awake at night and I ask, "Why me?", then a voice answers "Nothing personal, your name just happened to come up."Charlie Brown

18 August 2012

The View from the End of My Nose

via
"Men Seldom Make Passes at Girls Who Wear Glasses"
Dorothy Parker

Suzy Parker via
First, apologies to all who have worn eyeglasses forever-I have not--the ornaments at the end of my nose are relatively new in my life...and I'm not happy about it!  I have whined about this before and yet I was convinced that through great resources like Warby Parker and Kate Spade that I could find a way to embrace the concept and treat eyeglasses as a new excuse to go accessory shopping.

via
 Seriously I have a pair of glasses in every room of the house, one for every bag and in every corner of my office-but I can never find them when I need them! and it seems I need them more and more each day.


Fleur Cowles via
  It started simply enough--I couldn't decipher 8s from 6s from 5s on faxes and then it was reading labels, fine print of course, and then  price tags became an issue-culminating in my attempt to purchase a fabulous bag that was on sale.  I was so very excited with my bargain, only to discover that when I reached the check out register and my sale was rung up that I had missed a digit!  The gorgeous bag that I was treating myself to was about $1,000 more than I thought I read on the tag! 

Brigitte Bardot via
Now I need to reach for glasses even for simple reading-well if it was OK for Grace it should be OK for me...

Grace Reading via
...but I am still trying to find my way to glam with my glasses. I don't wear them to look smart--Thank you,I am smart without them--with them,however, I feel like my Great Aunt who wore her glasses on a chain around her neck---someone stop me if they see me do that!   I don't have to be Mrs.Freud to know the real issue here --when a grey hair pops up I can cover it, but when the words on the page blur--well it can mean only one thing-can wrinkles be far behind??????
 
via
So to make myself feel better I have gone in search of chic women who carry off their eyewear with fashion and charm...Women who have always defined style no matter what was at the end of their nose...

Elsa Peretti via
Catherine Deneuve via

Audrey
Jackie

Doris  via
...and for the moment as I look in the Mirror Mirror and question who is looking back

via
I tell myself that I what sits at the end of my nose will always lead me forward and  if I don't like the look there are about fifty other pair of glasses around the house to change into!

via
“Rose-colored glasses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams.” Ann Landers